We have an exciting opportunity for a UX / Web Designer to join our team, lead our creative design strategy and make a real impact on an ambitious and fast growing business.
We’re an online lead generation company; we design, create and manage a portfolio of topical and user friendly websites which generate ‘leads’ for UK businesses. What started in 2003 as a handful of determined individuals has blossomed into a diverse team of 25 across development, marketing and sales. Our continued growth means this number is set to rise even higher as we recruit for our next exciting stage.
We’ve generated over 1 million leads through our websites, but our biggest success story is Boiler Guide which attracted 1.86 million site visitors in 2018. We want to make Boiler Guide a household name and have just launched a national PR campaign to get the ball rolling, but we need the right people with us to make it happen.
About the Role
As our UX / Website Designer, you’ll be our creative design guru for both our online and offline channels. It’s an important role as you’ll be a key connection between our development and marketing teams, working with both to design, create and optimise websites for both desktop and mobile.
The role of the Website Designer is constantly evolving as our business expands so this list is by no means complete, but in summary you’ll be tasked with…
- Creating wireframes, storyboards and prototypes
- Creating and mapping user journeys
- Enhancing existing websites to improve not only the visual design but also the user experience and technical performance
- Planning and running CRO experiments across key websites to increase performance
- Working with key stakeholders to create new brands and products
- Supporting the marketing team with design for articles, blog posts and various social channels.
Who Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for talent, creativity, experience and excellent digital know-how, but we’re also looking for someone with ambition that matches ours; a designer who isn’t afraid to push the boundaries or to challenge the status quo. In terms of professional skills our ideal candidate will…
- Be experienced in developing bespoke, responsive and search engine friendly websites
- Have an eye for detail
- Understand key UX principles
- Demonstrate strong HTML, CSS and relevant image processing software skills (e.g. Adobe Suite)
- Show us a good understanding of SEO
- Be confident using WordPress (or a similar CMS)
- Have a working knowledge of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
What Can We Offer You?
For this role we’re offering a salary of up to £45,000, dependent on experience.
We’re a growing company with big plans for the future and for that reason we are committed to providing our employees with the support, motivation and professional challenges they need so they can grow with us. Everyone’s opinion matters at Holmes Media, and we never stop striving for the best solution to a problem.
Our support doesn’t end when you leave the office. We also offer a wide range of benefits to help you (and your family) to thrive and maintain that all-important work / home balance.
- Auto enrolment pension with a matched employer contribution of 3%
- Life Assurance providing life cover of 4 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance provided for all staff with the option to add family members a reduced corporate cost
- Holiday Loyalty Scheme for staff after 2 years of service
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme, a confidential helpline offering information and guidance regarding work and family life, including any legal questions.
- Childcare vouchers
- There’s also free fruit, tea and coffee to distract you when you need it.
Our office in Market Harborough is commutable from Leicester, Corby, Kettering, Coventry and Rugby as well as other surrounding areas. There’s free parking for drivers or Market Harborough train station is just a 15-20 minute walk away.
If you think you’re the ideal Website Designer for us, we’d love to hear from you. Dazzle us with your design expertise by sending your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com