2. About cookies
2.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
2.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
2.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
3. Cookies that we use
4. Cookies used by our service providers
4.4 We use several other third party service providers to help us analyse and improve website performance. This may include the following.
5. Managing cookies
5.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- (a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- (c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- (d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- (e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- (f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- (g) http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
5.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
5.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
6. Our details
6.1 This website is owned and operated by Holmes Media (UK) Limited.
6.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 06873930, and our registered office is at 11 The Point, Rockingham Road, Market Harborough, LE16 7QU.
6.3 Our principal place of business is at 11 The Point, Rockingham Road, Market Harborough, LE16 7QU.
6.4 We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us please do so:
- (a) by post, to the postal address given above;
- (b) using our website contact form; or
- (c) by telephone, on 01858 461010.